Respect Life - Outreach Ministry
The goal of the Respect Life ministry is to share information regarding resources for pregnant women, create awareness about Pro-Life issues for those who are interested in becoming more involved, and providing opportunities for our Catholic Community to defend and protect life from conception to natural death so that we may bear witness to the gift of life!
What We Do
- Participate in the Archbishop’s Annual Celebration of life Rally and March at the Capitol each January
- Promote and participate in 40 Days for Life: Spring and Fall Campaigns
Our parish adopts two days each campaign to pray peacefully at the Planned Parenthood Abortion Clinic, near 38th and
Quebec. This is done in a spirit of love and compassion as was demonstrated by Our Lord Jesus Christ.
Many employees, women, and couples have changed their minds about abortion based solely on seeing people praying the
rosary and caring about them! The witness of your faith is evident to those entering this building and may be the seed of
hope for them as they make decisions that will affect the rest of their lives.
- Host Spirit of Christ’s Annual Mass and Eucharistic Procession for Life
- Host Organizations in the parish Reverse Collection each Christmas. These include Hope House for Teen mothers, and Alternatives Pregnancy Center
- Provide pro-life and pregnancy resource materials
- Referrals for women experiencing unplanned pregnancies to Marisol Health, a medical center supported by Catholic Charities, located across from Planned Parenthood in East Denver, as well as, Alternatives Pregnancy Center and others, depending on the needs of the women
- Counseling and healing referrals for post-abortive women and men, including Rachel’s Vineyard, Project Rachel, and St. Raphael’s Counseling
- Referrals for abortion workers to “And Then There Were None” for spiritual, emotional, financial, and legal assistance to escape the abortion industry
- Educational events related to life issues from conception to natural death
- Promote Pro-life legislation as appropriate to our state
To sign up or receive more information, please email email@example.com